I was told recently by a close friend that I should start a journal, especially now that I am pregnant and experiencing all the joys that early pregnancy have to offer. So, what better place to start than the daily misery of my first trimester.
The best way to describe myself the last three months would be a bloated cow... or perhaps a bloated, pubescent cow.. or, more accurately, a bloated, pubescent, angry cow. Funny, I didn't read about any of this in the books. I expected maybe a little morning sickness, weight gain, even the occassional moodiness, but never did I expect to lose weight, find two new favorite hangouts in front of the toilet and on the couch, or become possessed by some evil, alter ego I like to refer to as the bloated, pubescent, angry cow... or pregnant Erin!
I have friends who say how much they love being pregnant. I now think they should seek psychiatric help.
That my friends is only a small glimpse into what has become my new life. I can only imagine what is to come. I look forward to sharing more soon.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it! Yeah for blogging, it will be so great to add you to follow-remember you have to take pictures too :) Can't wait to see you monday!
ReplyDeleteOh my goodness E! it sounds like your poor body is going through quite the traumatic event. But from what I hear, it's all worth it.... :/ Just remember, it's only 9 months of your life and if you can make it through Cal Poly Softball, you can make it through this sister! And not only that, you'll have a beautiful little creature to show for it. I love you E and can't wait for your next blog!!! Big pregnant KISSES to you baby!!!
ReplyDeletep.s. The couch is one of my favorite hang outs and I'm not even preggers!
Don't worry sweetie, this too shall pass. All the joy that you have brought into my life started with a lot of trauma and drama that I would have preferred to pass, but a lifetime later it certainly was worth it. The benfits so outweigh the deficits that the very next heartbeat after delivery you will have forgotten all this and be lost in the wonder of what you have produced. Stay strong sweetheart, we're all here for you...
ReplyDelete