Thursday, July 30, 2009

Am I Losing My Mind?

The first "chapter" book I remember finishing on my own was Stuart Little. I don't remember how old I was, but I do remember staying up, reading about all of his adventures. Needless to say, I have been reading for quite some time now. I have also enjoyed writing most of my life. In fact, I enjoyed it so much that I made it my living... that and getting up at the crack of dawn and talking on the radio.
Unfortunately, all of these skills that I have spent a lifetime building seem to have left the building as of late. I can't explain it. I will be writing a news story and I have to ask my co-worker whether or not the word in question should be past tense. Or, my personal favorite, I will be talking on the radio and completely go blank on an everyday word (last week it was "faculty").
I think I am going to have to chalk this new symptom up to being pregnant . That, or I am officially losing my mind. I think both options fit so I am going to leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. Ahh the joys of pregnancy forgetfulness, then post-baby no sleep forgetfulness, and around 6 months people tell you to stop acting DUMB! YOu have till like next June, so enjoy it while you can and carry a piece of paper and a pen with you at all times!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would just appreciate the fact that you didn't have to deal with this shit until now! I, on the other hand, seem to deal with these issues on a day to day basis... hmm... i wonder what that says/means about me... at least you have the pregnant excuse!

    ReplyDelete